Volkswagens are known for their excellent German engineering and their smooth rides, so if you start experiencing a rough ride, you may need to get a wheel alignment. You may also need this adjustment on your Volkswagen if your steering wheel is straight but you start to drift to the left or right. Uneven wear on your tires is also a common sign that indicates a wheel alignment will help get your Volkswagen back on track.
Wheel alignments are essential to ensure that your Volkswagen is going in the direction of your steering wheel. Improper alignment will cause a rough ride that could cause damage to your tires. If you believe that your vehicle needs an alignment, bring it to our experienced mechanics.
When Should You Get An Alignment
It is common for any vehicle to have wheel alignments from time to time. Your vehicle’s alignment could affect the wear and tear of your tires, the smoothness of your ride, and even your gas mileage. Below are the common reasons you will need a wheel alignment:
- If your Volkswagen starts to pull to one side of the road.
- If you had an accident, as damage to your vehicle may cause your tires to misalign.
- If you have your tires replaced, be sure to get a wheel alignment.
- If you modify your vehicle by lifting or lowering it.
- You should get a wheel alignment every two or three years for maintenance.
It is important to know that if you were in an accident, it is possible that parts of your car may be damaged, which can cause your wheels to misalign. If you experienced any type of collision or even an encounter with a curb, you should have an inspection by our experienced mechanics to ensure that there is no damage before attempting to do a wheel alignment.
Signs Your Volkswagen Needs An Alignment
As mentioned before, a few instances may cause you to need a wheel alignment on your Volkswagen. Some common indications are:
- If your car pulls to one side or another, it could be the alignment. Steering pull is one of the most common signs. However, it could be other issues, such as a defective caliper or a defective suspension component. You should get your Volkswagen checked out if you are experiencing a steering pull.
- Uneven wear and tear on your tire. Based on how your wheels are misaligned, you may see uneven wear on either the outside or inside of the tire tread. Misalignment causes excessive wear on a tire, so it is recommended that after getting new tires installed, make sure to get your wheels aligned. Getting a wheeling alignment will help protect your investment in new tires.
- Your tires may squeal. A normal tire will not make any noise while driving. However, if your vehicle has misaligned tires, you may experience squealing even at low speeds.
- Your steering seems loose. If you drive your Volkswagen and it feels like your steering wheel is loose and wandering, it could be due to your wheels being misaligned.
If you noticed any of the above signs of having improper wheel alignment, it’s time to have your Volkswagen inspected by a professional to prevent further damage to your tires and keep you safe.
Professional Wheel Alignment at Hi-Tech Import Automotive
At Hi-Tech Import Automotive, we will assist you with all repair needs, no matter how big or small, including aligning the wheels on your Volkswagen. We are located in Downers Grove, IL, and support the surrounding areas of Burr Ridge, Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale, Oak Brook, and Westmont.
At Hi-Tech Import Automotive, our ASE-certified mechanics have over 50 years of automotive repair experience and are ready to help you with all your automotive needs. We believe in providing you with an excellent level of automotive care you can trust. We will always provide all the services that you need at an affordable price. As a guarantee, all of our repairs are backed by a 1-year/ 12,000-mile guarantee.
* Volkswagen Golf image credit goes to: supergenijalac.